Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Parent- teenager Relationship: Conversation starter

In today’s society, a relationship between a parent and a teenager can be one of the most important and difficult relationships you can have. It’s an intimate one that needs both parties to do a good job of it. 

Here are some issues you can talk to your teen about to help your relationship work better.

 1. What are the things that make you happy? What do you do when you are unhappy?

 2. Where do you want to go from here?

 3. What about your friends and family? Do they also feel closer to you now than they did before? Why? 4. Are there any problems that you have noticed in your relationship with your mom or dad?

 

Here are some examples of language you could use to ask your teenager if there is something bothering them in a non-aggressive, nurturing, and loving, yet non-invasive manner:


"I noticed that you've been quieter than usual lately, and I just wanted to check in and see if everything is okay. Is there anything you'd like to talk about?"


"You seem to be going through something, and I'm here for you if you need to talk or just want a listening ear. Is there anything you'd like to share with me?"


"I care about you and I want to make sure you're feeling happy and fulfilled. Is there anything bothering you or weighing on your mind?"


"I'm here to support you, no matter what. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you. Is there anything you'd like to discuss?"


"I noticed that you seem to be feeling a little down lately, and I just wanted to reach out and see if there's anything I can do to help. Would you like to talk about what's going on?"


It's important to approach the conversation in a calm, respectful, and non-invasive manner, and to give your teenager the space and time to open up if they choose to. The goal should be to create a safe and supportive environment for your teenager to express their feelings and concerns.



Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu